The scientific program of the workshop aims to present the state of the art in the research and application of light-sound interactions. Contributed abstracts may be submitted to the organizing committee through this website, as detailed below.
- Abstracts submission opens: August 2108
- Deadline for abstracts submission: October 22, 2108
- Extended deadline for abstracts submission: November 6, 2108
- Authors notification: December 12, 2018
- Program available online: January 10, 2019
- Early bird registration: February 12, 2019
- Presentation at the workshop: March 26-28, 2019
Abstract Submission Information
- Abstracts may be submitted only by using the On-Line Abstract Submission Form linked below. There is no need to attach a PDF file.
- Abstracts should be submitted in clear English, with accurate grammar and spelling, of
a quality that is suitable for publication. Presentations language: English
- Contributed abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by members of the organizing committee. The most suitable abstracts will be selected for contributed oral presentations.
- The presenting author will be required to register to the Workshop by February 14, 2019 and by this ensure inclusion of his/her presentation in the final program.
- The scientific program and abstracts will be published on this website. Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors’ consent to such publication on this website and other workshop related publications.
- Abstracts may be edited by the submitter until the submission deadline. After that date, access to the update link should be coordinated with the Workshop secretariat.
A 35-Word Abstract which should be a brief summary of your abstract topic, to be followed by your abstract body/summary. The 35-word abstract will be included in the printed Workshop Program. See detailed information on the “Abstract Body” section below.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Before you start the on-line submission process, please read and prepare all necessary information detailed below.
Presenting author’s contact details
Use full first name and last name.
- By default, the name of the presenting author will automatically appear as the first author
- Insert the names of the additional authors in the order that they should appear in the abstract. You will be able to change the order, if needed.
- Use full first name and last name of all authors.
- Insert name of institution, department, city (state, if relevant) and country. After each institution you have listed, check the box/es of author/s associated with that institution.
- Make a separate entry for each institution. Do not repeat identical institution details if they apply to more than one author.
- Text should be in Upper and Lower Case.
- Do not abbreviate Department, Institute, University, etc. In the department field, type in “Department of…….”, as only the words you type in will show on the abstract.
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Invited lecture (to be selected only by those who were invited by the organizers)
• Quantum opto-mechanics
• Cavity opto-mechanics
• Brillouin scattering in standard, tapered, micro-structured and photonic-crystal optical fibers
• Fiber sensor systems based on Brillouin scattering and opto-mechanics
• Brillouin scattering in planar structures in silicon, silicon-nitride, gallium-arsenide, aluminum-nitride, chalcogenide
glasses and other substrates.
• Interaction between light and sound waves in nano-structured devices
• Imaging techniques using light and sound waves
• Brillouin scattering microscopy
• Radiation pressure and moving boundary effects
• Electro-striction and photo-elasticity effects
• Phononic bandgap media
• Brillouin lasers and phononic oscillators
• Applications of opto-mechanics
Limited to 25 words. Use Title Case (Capitalize First Letter in all “Major” Words).
- Limited to 450 words including 35-word abstract, images, tables, references, etc., excluding author(s) name(s), institution(s) and abstract title.
- Start with a 35-word abstract. Leave a double space and continue with your summary.
- Abbreviations must be defined upon first use and avoided in the title.
- Images, tables and graphs: file size should be of maximum 500 KB, maximum pixel size should be 600(w) x 800 (h). Images, tables and graphs may be uploaded in JPG, PNG or GIF format only. Please note that each image equals to approx. 35 words.
- Copy & paste your abstract into the abstract body area or type it in directly.
- Include the presenter’s email on the bottom of the abstract.
Most important: proofread your abstract and insert/format special characters that may have been corrupted in the copy & paste process. You can navigate to previous pages by using the Back button on your browser. After proofreading the abstract, click “SUBMIT”.
After you click SUBMIT an automatic “End Message” will indicate that the abstract was successfully submitted.
E-mail Acknowledgement & Abstract Number: Shortly after submitting your abstract, you will receive by e-mail an automatic submission acknowledgement with your abstract number. It will also include a link to access your abstract, should you need to revise it.
The abstract submission system is designed to run on many internet browsers, but we recommend that you use the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer (v.11 / v.10), Google Chrome 5, or Firefox (v3.6 or better).
Contact for Abstract Submission Issues
Diesenhaus-Unitours Incoming Tourism Ltd.
Tel: +972-3-5651324, +972-3-5651313